APPAREL PRODUCTION MANAGER
NEW YORK, NY | Full-time
ADAY is looking for an Apparel Production Manager to join our team in New York. You'll oversee our manufacturing process and relationships, ensuring that every style we launch and every product that touches the customer is beautifully made. You will be a core member of our young team reporting directly to one of the founders and taking an active part in creating the fashion product that is core to who we are.
Apparel Production involves navigating between design goals, merchandising plans, financial margins, and top quality sourcing. Ideally, you'll have experience negotiating terms with factories, managing the logistics of the supply chain, and ensuring quality control. Bonus will be experience in technical design as you'll communicate and work closely with the design & development team. The ideal candidate also already has experience with another online-first brand, as our production requirements need to be responsive to customer demand and do not run on traditional fashion seasons.
We are open to what direction the role will develop in, depending on your passions and abilities. We are growing fast, and expect you to grow with us.
YOU SHOULD BE SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THE FOLLOWING
- Ensuring that intended design reaches from concept to consumer, making our woman’s wardrobe a little easier
- Being creative in suggesting new production facilities, production methods or other supply chain improvements, even if it means starting from scratch
- Negotiating manufacturing terms and costs
- Overseeing import and export
- Putting out production “fires” by presenting fast & flexible solutions to supply chain disruptions
- Initially, getting involved with other parts of the operations including e-commerce and fulfillment
- Working as a core member of a small team with limited resources; an awesome challenge
- Challenging our assumptions :-)
- Pioneering and living the ADAY culture
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- Sublime communication and organisational skills
- Experience in apparel product development
- Experience in apparel production
- Experience in other areas of the supply chain (sourcing, warehousing, shipping, duties)
- Strongly preferred degree in fashion management or related fashion degree
- At least 3+ years of experience in an e-commerce company or fashion brand. Between 3-6 years is a sweet spot for this role.
At ADAY, we believe in simplifying and creating space to focus on the things that really matter through a beautifully designed technical wardrobe. We're reimagining everyday clothing by combining technologically advanced fabrics with contemporary design to create longer lasting technical staples that last through the seasons. ADAY has been featured in NY Mag, Vogue, Forbes, Fast Company, Harper’s Bazaar, W Mag, Refinery29 amongst others.
GET IN TOUCH!
If you think this is you, please get in touch with work@thisisADAY.com with your CV and if possible examples of previous work.